DXN is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. Google serves cookies to analyse traffic to this site. Information about your use of our site is shared with Google for that purpose. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
We may also collect the following information (“Provided Information”) about you:
- Your name;
- Your contact details including email address, postal address and telephone number;
- Your demographic information such as a postcode;
- Your preferences and/or opinions;
- Details of products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- Additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of the Site, associated applications, or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- Any other personal information requested by us or provided by you or a third party.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the Personal Information that we collect generally to:
- enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services;
- allow internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address); and
- improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing Your Personal Information
To help us use your Personal Information, as described above , we may share your Personal Information with third parties in the following ways:
- we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here – www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here – tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout;
- We may disclose personal information to our employees, contractors or related entities;
- with our agents or partners;
- with our suppliers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services including, without limitation, IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment system operators;
- with credit-reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defence our legal rights; and
- with third parties, including agents or subcontractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or store that data outside of Australia.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
By providing us with Personal Information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that those third parties comply with Australian privacy laws.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Your rights and controlling your Personal Information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
9 Mumford Place, Balcatta, Western Australia, 6021
Tel: 08 9288 1870